1. Member must be honest and fair in each and every dealing with BRAVE and particularly with other BRAVE members;
a.) A Member must believe in and agree with BRAVE’s Statement of Faith;
b.) A Member must be sure that the home he offers for exchange is accurately and fully illustrated and described on his listing;
c.) A Member must be sure that each and every negotiation with other BRAVE Members is done in good faith with intentions of exchanging homes and that he is truthful, open, and reasonable in all such negotiations;
d.) A Member must be hospitable and courteous in every dealing with other BRAVE Members and must respond to every reasonable request.
2. Member must not act in any manner that brings BRAVE or the exchange home into disrepute.
1. Member must not cancel an agreement of home exchange unless there exists a valid reason such as illness, death or another unforeseen situation beyond the Member’s control.
2. Member must inform BRAVE before canceling an agreement of home exchange including the reasons that make the cancellation necessary.
Invalid Cancellation of an Agreement of Home Exchange
Member will be responsible for every cost incurred by another BRAVE member that results from a cancellation of an agreement of home exchange without a valid reason. Furthermore, said Member’s BRAVE membership may be subject to termination at BRAVE’s discretion.
If two complaints against a member are made, said Member’s BRAVE membership may be subject to termination at BRAVE’s discretion.
Member’s Home Offered For Exchange
1. Member must be sure his home he offers for exchange
a.) must be available for said exchange
b.) has full insurance coverage for theft, burglary, fire and accidental damage;
c.) has been cleaned; and
d.) contains all the items mentioned in his listing.
Member must be sure that every motor vehicle provided for exchange is in excellent running order, is legally compliant and is comprehensively insured.
Respect for Property
1. Members must be sure to respect at all times each others property,
a.) Members must be sure at all times to keep the exchange property as reasonable secure as possible and to comply with the conditions of every applicable insurance policy;
2. Members shall accept responsibility for every uninsured damage they cause to the exchange property.
1. member must be sure that pets are vaccinated and as much as is possible, parasite free including fleas and worms, and otherwise clean and in good health. Members must also be sure that parts of the home frequented by pets are cleaned.
2. Members must exercise high standards of pet care.
Current Listing Accuracy
Member must be sure his listing is kept up to date and current at all times.
Database is to be used solely by the Member to negotiate an agreement of home exchange without any other purpose. Breaking this rule shall result in the Member’s immediate termination at BRAVE’s discretion.
Member must keep confidential all information received from the database at all times as well as any other information received from other BRAVE Members.
Responsibility for Negotiations
Members are solely responsible for every negotiation for exchanging homes with other members.
A Member will pay reasonable annual fees to BRAVE (after June 30th, 2014) and upon receiving said payment, BRAVE will activate his listing.
Hold Harmless Agreement
- I promise not to sue BRAVE, its parent company, or any BRAVE member. Rather, I will submit to a mutually acceptable mediation/arbitration process to settle any dispute that arises from a BRAVE exchange agreement.
- I assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or by anyone in my party or loss or damage to property owned by me as a result of a BRAVE exchange agreement.
- I understand BRAVE does not maintain any insurance policy covering any circumstances arising from an exchange agreement. As such, I am aware that I should review my personal insurance portfolio.
updated June 3, 2014