BRAVE invites you to become a temporary, part-time, at-home employee called an Information Specialist (I.S.). You will join BRAVE and will phone, no earlier than April 25th and no later than May 7th (excluding Sunday, May 1st: a total of 12 days), at least 25 Christian families you know personally and invite them to visit BRAVE’s website. If one and only one family joins BRAVE because of your invitation, then you will receive a FREE LIFETIME BRAVE MEMBERSHIP after the first year!!!
You will receive a $30 finders fee from the first family that joins by your invitation, and $15 from each family that joins thereafter from your invitation. YOUR SUCCESS IS VIRTUALLY GUARANTEED because you are encouraged to provide the first family joining the $30 as an incentive to join. For example, if the John Doe family pays $30 as the first family to join BRAVE at your invitation, you will receive $30 from BRAVE, which you may in turn pay to John Doe as a rebate. So his family gets an equivalent free, one-year BRAVE membership and you receive a free, lifetime BRAVE membership after the first year. This $30 payment applies only to the first family to join at your invitation.
The following is a list of groups you may call.
- Your fellow church-goers
- Former church-goers who have moved to a new church or location
- Your fellow home school support group members
- Former support group members who have moved or graduated
- Christians on your Christmas cards list
- Christian relatives
- Christian friends
- Christian neighbors
- Christian coworkers
- Christians with whom you went to high school
- Christians with whom you went to college
- Christians attending a sister church
- Christians you know through para-church organizations
- Acquaintances in your community you know to be Christians
- Christians in groups such as 4-H or scouting
I.S.s are required to be paying members of BRAVE because
a) It builds credibility,
b) It’s the most efficient way for you to claim credit for a family joining by your invitation. (When a family you’ve invited joins BRAVE, which you see listed on the BRAVE website, simply e-mail BRAVE and include the family’s name, city, and state, so you can receive credit.)
c) Parting with a small amount of money (having joined BRAVE) will help insure that I.S.s will phone all 25 families.
d) Most importantly, I.S.s need to enthusiastically believe in what BRAVE is trying to accomplish. Who could be more enthusiastic than one who personally benefits from BRAVE membership?
You may phone many more than 25 Christians, but you are expected to phone at least 25 Christians that you know personally. If after making a list using the 15 groups above you fall short of 25, then get as close to 25 as possible. Only 500 I.S.s or fewer will be hired. The last day to join BRAVE as an I.S. is Sunday, April 24, so don’t delay! If after reading the above information, you elect not to become a BRAVE I.S., but want your family to benefit from BRAVE, you may currently join BRAVE as a regular member. See form by clicking JOIN NOW.
Following is the script to be used over the phone:
“I want to share something I’m very excited about. I am a member of the Believers’ Recreation and Vacation Exchange, or BRAVE for short. Have you heard of BRAVE?”
“Well, BRAVE eliminates lodging and restaurant expenses by allowing its member families to trade houses with each other. Do you have a pen and paper handy?”
“I’m inviting you to visit the BRAVE website which is brave2go.com (that’s brave, the number 2, go.com). The current annual BRAVE membership fee saves you 62% off the regular fee of $80 – so you only pay $30! This discount offer won’t be repeated, and EXPIRES ON MAY 7TH!”
“Do you have any questions for me?” [Answer any they may have, or direct them to the CONTACT US section if you cannot answer.] “If you have any after checking out the website, feel free to give me a call.”
End of script.
Rules for I.S.s:
1) Don’t deviate from the script except to make pleasant small talk before quoting the script. (After all, these are people you know personally.)
3) Don’t be pushy. Talk to each family only once. Do not leave a recorded message, but talk personally with an adult in each family. If after making all your calls no one has joined, then you may re-call families, asking if they have had an opportunity to visit BRAVE’S website and gently reminding them of the May 7th deadline. Use your best judgment as to when you tell someone that you believe so strongly in BRAVE that you’ll pay the $30 for them, but only in the form of a rebate. Do not tell those you call you may earn a finder’s fee. But if they ask, be totally honest about your position as an I.S.
4) For your convenience, set aside a time to only make calls starting at about 3 p.m. You possibly can make all 25 calls in one evening.
5) Make the 25 or more phone calls during the first six days: April 25-30th. If no one joins by the April 30th, you will have time to call people back before May 7th.
6) Make no calls on Sunday, April 24th, so as not to disturb church and family activities.
Let me challenge you to commit yourself to become an I.S. and to make those calls: remember, you’re offering something that is truly priceless to your brothers and sisters in Christ. Let me illustrate:
This past summer my family had the privilege of visiting Liberty Hall in Philadelphia. When in line to see the Liberty Bell, a volunteer noticed our youngest daughter was visually impaired, holding her cane. He said, “When you get to the bell, be sure that they can see your cane so you can touch it.” Sure enough, when my daughter got to the bell, a volunteer lowered the rope and she touched the Liberty Bell, even feeling its famous crack with her hands. Watching her brought tears to my eyes and I’ll cherish that memory as long as I live!
This is the kind of personal vacation memory that I want to provide to my fellow Christians.
Stan K. McVay, founder of BRAVE